Spotlighting Large Floral Arrangements
The Importance of Illuminating Large Florals:
- Focusing a spotlight on a large floral arrangement is a great way to keep your guests attention on the floral installation after dark.
- Grand floral arrangements often disappear in lower light when you dim the reception room at night.
- Gorgeous floral arrangements will remain a topic of conversation long after sunset if a spotlight highlights them.
- Whenever possible, you should hang a spotlight for a large floral arrangement from the ceiling above. This will eliminate the need for unattractive lighting stands.
- Additionally, more floor space is kept available during your event without space-hogging lighting stands.
- In some cases it is unavoidable and a lighting stand must support the spotlight for a large floral arrangement. In these cases, you can wrap the lighting stand in a black or white cloth to help it match the venue or the décor.
Floral Arrangement Locations:
- It is not uncommon to find a large floral arrangement on a card table or escort table.
- Large floral arrangements are sometimes at the ends of the main bar
- They are also often at a doorway inside the venue or at an entryway outside the venue.
- A sizable floating floral installation is sometimes hung over a dance floor, the ceremony location, or over dinner tables.
- A Warm white spotlight, ideally between 3,000 – 3,200 Degree Kelvin, is a perfect color tone for spotlighting most florals. This color temperature is similar to the color tone of candlelight.
- A dimmer will allow control of the brightness of the spotlight.
More About Spotlighting Floral Arrangements:
Each spotlight provides a beam of light on a downward angle that highlights larger eye-catching floral arrangements after dark. For example, a beautiful floral installation hung over your dance floor will be make more noticeable and remain a conversation piece in low light.