The Shure SM58 cardioid dynamic microphone is one of the best-selling vocal mics in the world. The industry-standard for live vocal performance, the Shure SM58 delivers warm and clear vocal reproduction. Known for its reliability, durability and sound, the SM58 microphone is a common fixture on stages around the world.
The SM58’s cardioid response pattern reduces sound pickup from the sides and rear. This eliminates unwanted sounds from background and secondary sources. It also reduces feedback on loud stages. The Shure SM58 dynamic mic also features an internal shock mount. This reduces the SM58’s handling noise during active performances.
The Shure SM58 microphone has a pneumatic suspension system for its capsule. This soft rubber balloon surrounds the easily replaceable capsule. The simple design further reduces handling noise. Many years later, the SM58’s design is still among the most reliable and effective. It is a popular choice for lead singers, DJs and presenters, indoors and outdoors.
With a three-pin, male XLR connector opposite its durable steel mesh grille, the Shure SM58 produces a balanced audio signal. The Shure SM58 weighs just 10.5 ounces (298 grams) and has a matte black finish.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shockmount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 50Hz–15kHz
- Max SPL: 126 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
Pattern and type
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Handheld
- Switches: No
- Phantom power required: No
Size and weight
- Diameter: 1.1 in.
- Length: 7.4 in.
- Weight: 298 g
- Case: Yes
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: No
- Power supply: N/A
- Cable: No
- Stand: No