74Wythe (Brooklyn, NY): 74Wythe is as a multifunctional hospitality venue. Therefore, each space, including the main Rooftop deck delivers a unique experience. Additionally, The main roof deck is fully covered by a glass retractable canopy. As a result, you can host a wedding during all four seasons regardless of the weather. Thus, the 74Wythe is the a perfect wedding venue, especially if enhanced with additional lighting.
WHY IS LIGHTING IMPORTANT FOR YOUR WEDDING AT 74WYTHE?:
Lighting accounts for one-half of the most basic elements of décor at 74Wythe. Accordingly, Your wedding florals should satisfy the other half. Therefore, a perfect mixture of lighting and florals are the key ingredients required for a visually dazzling event at this venue. Nevertheless, it could be the use of candles usually supplied by your florist or chandeliers rented from our company. Furthermore, a perfect balance of florals and lighting will guarantee your florals’ beauty and that this venue is still seeable after the sun goes down.
Nonetheless, Here are a few lighting tips for the different locations at 74Wythe:
The Main Deck Lighting Options for a Wedding at 74Wythe
- Make sure to consider a simple arrangement of our String Lights suspended in a zigzagging pattern or parallel lines. String Lights are a timeless lighting design. Furthermore, we usually place our string lights under the retractable roof on the main deck. As a result, it is a great choice to enhance the main deck.
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST IRON COLUMNS
- Our company is usually a huge fan of up-lighting against walls and columns. Unfortunately, the rooftop deck offers very little wall space for up-lighting. Additionally, The iron columns on the rooftop have a floral covering that makes up-lights only visible at the bottom of each column. Furthermore, each iron column already includes an accent light similar to an up-light. As a result, Up-lights do not significantly enhance the rooftop. For this reason, we don’t recommend adding additional Up-Lights for the rooftop at 74Wythe.
LARGE HANGING FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable hanging floral arrangement with a spotlight. Hanging floral arrangements are almost always a conversation piece. Therefore, any sizeable floral arrangement should be highlighted with additional lighting to remain visible after dark. Fortunately, there are better options than the in-house track lights included with the venue for illuminating hanging florals. As an alternative, consider including spotlights provided by our company to highlight any large-scale hanging floral arrangements. Alternatively, at a minimum, consider hanging string lights with your sizeable floral arrangement to ensure they remain visible after dark.
LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Sizeable floral arrangements are always a conversation piece. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight for them to ensure they remain visible after the sun has gone down. Thus, highlight any sizeable standing floral arrangements or sizeable florals on display on the main bar in the rear section of the venue. Similarly, highlight any sizeable florals that are on display on tables.
- Seeing the members of a band is a crucial part of their performance. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight to highlight their performance area. Therefore, members of your band will remain seen after sunset. Additionally, their movements and facial expressions are visible. As a result, your wedding at 74Wythe will benefit significantly from additional lighting for your band.
- Furthermore, you can also consider using a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. Usually, dimmable warm-white lights are appropriate. As an alternative, you can consider color-changing lights for your band as an upgrade from warm-white lights. However, a person must operate a controller to change the colors during the band’s performance.
Warm White lighting to highlight a wedding band at 74Wythe
- The main bar at 74Wythe is a celebrity in popularity. As a result, the main bar usually becomes a gathering place where guests exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. Nevertheless, you can consider spotlighting the main bar with a set of spotlights, but this is optional at 74Wythe. Typically, the in-house lights at 74Wythe provide sufficient light for the main bar.
WEDDING CEREMONY LIGHTING AT THE 74WYTHE
- During the fall and winter months, sunset will arrive early in the day. Therefore, your ceremony area may appear dark. As a result, viewing your ceremony and the quality of your wedding photos may be affected. For this reason, highlighting your wedding ceremony at 74Wythet with additional lighting is usually essential during these months. Hence, adding additional lighting will ensure your ceremony remains visible at sunset.
WEDDING CAKE LIGHTING AT THE 74WYTHE
- After dark, your wedding cake may also require additional lighting at 74Wythe. Therefore, a pin-spot is essential to highlight your wedding cake after dark.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- Vertical Strings (or String Lights hanging horizontally with multiple swoops) are an excellent addition to the wall behind your ceremony area. Therefore, consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind the ceremony area.
The Rooftop – Floor Plan
The Main Deck
The North Terrace
Popular (Dance Floor) Lighting Options for your wedding at 74Wythe
Mirror Ball w/ Motor & Spotlight
Sound Activated / Color-Changing Wash
Quote Generator Form
Delivery $75 / NYC Tax (8.875%)