The W-Loft (Brooklyn, NY): The W Loft boasts elegant waterfront views of the Manhattan skyline, as well as the surrounding boroughs. As a result, the glass walls making up the interior allow for guests to keep comfortable and still enjoy the view, no matter what the weather is like. Therefore, The W-Loft is a perfect wedding venue and it can be enhanced with additional lighting.
The Main Room: Lighting options for a Wedding at The W-Loft
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Zigzagging String Lights is a timeless lighting pattern. Therefore, you should consider hanging a simple arrangement of String Lights suspended in a zigzagging pattern. Furthermore, string lights will enhance the look of a wedding reception at The W-Loft. In addition, an arrangement of hanging string lights is visually appealing and supplies “more bang for fewer bucks.”
STRING LIGHTS WITH PAPER LANTERNS
- Consider hanging a combination of paper lanterns and zigzagging String Lights for a wedding reception in the main room at The W-Loft. Our paper lanterns are evenly spaced along our Zigzagging String Lights. Therefore, the paper lanterns make a beautiful enhancement to hanging string lights. As a result, it is an excellent upgrade to an arrangement of string lights for a wedding at The W-Loft
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Our company is a huge fan of up-lighting placed against walls, and this venue is no exception. Therefore, we strongly support using Warm White Up-Lights at The W-Loft. As a result, Up-lights greatly enhance the space by providing an accent light against the walls. Therefore, consider placing Warm White Up-Lights around the perimeter walls of the main room. Furthermore, consider putting Warm White Up-Lights at the base of the two center columns.
LARGE HANGING FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable hanging floral arrangement with a spotlight. Hanging floral arrangements are almost always a conversation piece. Therefore, any sizeable floral arrangement should be highlighted with additional lighting to remain visible after dark. Fortunately, there are better options than the in-house track lights included with the venue for illuminating hanging florals. As an alternative, consider including spotlights provided by our company to highlight any large-scale hanging floral arrangements. Alternatively, at a minimum, consider hanging string lights with your sizeable floral arrangement to ensure they remain visible after dark.
LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Sizeable floral arrangements are always a conversation piece. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight for them to ensure they remain visible after the sun has gone down. Thus, highlight any sizeable standing floral arrangements or sizeable florals on display on the main bar in the rear section of the venue. Similarly, highlight any sizeable florals that are on display on tables.
- Seeing the members of a band is a crucial part of their performance. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight to highlight their performance area. Therefore, members of your band will remain seen after sunset. Additionally, their movements and facial expressions are visible. As a result, your wedding at The W-Loft will benefit significantly from additional lighting for your band.
- Furthermore, you can also consider using a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. Usually, dimmable warm-white lights are appropriate. As an alternative, you can consider color-changing lights for your band as an upgrade from warm-white lights. However, a person must operate a controller to change the colors during the band’s performance.
- The main bar at The W-Loft is a celebrity in popularity. As a result, the main bar usually becomes a gathering place where guests exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. For this reason, you can consider highlighting the main bar with a set of spotlights. Nevertheless, consider using the in-house track lights to illuminate your bar. Consequently, it requires you to focus the track lights at your bar. Nevertheless, the track lights will typically provide sufficient light for your bar without installing additional lights.
WEDDING CEREMONY LIGHTING AT THE W-LOFT
- During the fall and winter months, sunset will arrive early in the day. Therefore, your ceremony area may appear dark. As a result, viewing your ceremony and the quality of your wedding photos may be affected. For this reason, highlighting your wedding ceremony at The W-Loft with additional lighting is usually essential during these months. Hence, adding additional lighting will ensure your wedding ceremony at The W-Loft remains visible at sunset.
WEDDING CAKE LIGHTING AT THE W-LOFT
- After dark, your wedding cake may require additional lighting at The W-Loft. Therefore, pin-spot lighting is essential to highlight your wedding cake after dark.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- Vertical Strings (or String Lights hanging horizontally with multiple swoops) is an excellent addition to the wall behind your ceremony area. Therefore, consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind the ceremony area.
The Outdoor Terrace: Lighting options for a Wedding at The W-Loft
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- String Lights hanging above a NYC rooftop with the NYC Skyline in the background is a timeless look. Therefore, you should consider hanging a simple arrangement of String Lights suspended in a zigzagging pattern above the outdoor terrace. Furthermore, string lights will enhance the look of a wedding reception at The W-Loft. In addition, an arrangement of hanging string lights provides general lighting for guests in this area after dark.
STRING LIGHTS ALONG THE EDGE OF THE OVERHANG
- Consider hanging String Lights along the edge of the overhang along the side of terrace for a wedding at The W-Loft. Our String Lights will help add additional lighting for the Terrace after dark. As a result, it is a cost effective alternative to suspending string lights overhead for a wedding at The W-Loft