501 Union (Brooklyn, NY):
Tucked among five distinct Brooklyn neighborhoods – Gowanus, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Boreum Hill, and Park Slope – 501 Union was transformed into a private events venue in 2013. As a result, it has become a unique backdrop for stylish weddings, corporate events, and photo shoots. Hence, 501 Union is the perfect space for a private events, a wedding, Bar Mitzvah, or corporate event with additional lighting.
WHY IS WEDDING LIGHTING IMPORTANT AT 501 UNION?:
Lighting accounts for one-half of the essential elements of décor at 501 Union wedding. Therefore, your wedding florals will satisfy the other half. As a result, a perfect mixture of lighting and florals are the critical ingredients for a visually spectacular event at this venue. Nevertheless, it could be using candles usually supplied by your florist or chandeliers rented from our company. Furthermore, a perfect balance of florals and lighting will guarantee your florals’ beauty and that this venue is still seeable after the sun goes down.
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Make sure to consider a simple arrangement of String Lights suspended in a zigzagging. Zigzagging String Lights is a timeless lighting pattern. Therefore, it is a great choice to enhance the wedding reception room at 501 Union. Additionally, we usually place our string lights under the skylight in The Main Room. As a result, this arrangement of string lights visually supplies “more bang for fewer bucks.”
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Consider placing Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the reception room. Our company is a huge fan of up-lighting placed against walls, and this venue is no exception. Therefore, we strongly support using Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. As a result, Up-lights greatly enhance the space by providing an accent light against the walls. For this reason, we suggest using Up-Lights in addition to the venue’s in-house wall sconces.
LARGE HANGING FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable hanging floral arrangement with a spotlight. Hanging floral arrangements are almost always a conversation piece. Therefore, any sizeable floral arrangement should be highlighted with additional lighting to remain visible after dark. Fortunately, there are better options than the in-house track lights included with the venue for illuminating hanging florals. As an alternative, consider including spotlights provided by our company to highlight any large-scale hanging floral arrangements. Alternatively, at a minimum, consider hanging string lights with your sizeable floral arrangement to ensure they remain visible after dark.
LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Sizeable floral arrangements are always a conversation piece. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight for them to ensure they remain visible after the sun has gone down. Thus, highlight any sizeable standing floral arrangements or sizeable florals on display on the main bar in the rear section of the venue. Similarly, highlight any sizeable florals that are on display on tables.
- Seeing the members of a band is a crucial part of their performance. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight to highlight their performance area. Therefore, members of your band will remain seen after sunset. Additionally, their movements and facial expressions are visible. As a result, your wedding at 501 Union will benefit significantly from additional lighting for your band.
- Furthermore, you can also consider using a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. Usually, dimmable warm-white lights are appropriate. As an alternative, you can consider color-changing lights for your band as an upgrade from warm-white lights. However, a person must operate a controller to change the colors during the band’s performance.
- The main bar at 501 Union is a celebrity in popularity. As a result, the main bar usually becomes a gathering place where guests exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. Nevertheless, you can consider spotlighting the main bar with a set of spotlights, but this is optional at 501 Union. Typically, the in-house lights at 501 Union provide sufficient light for the main bar.
WEDDING CEREMONY LIGHTING AT 501 UNION
- During the fall and winter months, sunset will arrive early in the day. Therefore, your ceremony area may appear dark. As a result, viewing your ceremony and the quality of your wedding photos may be affected. For this reason, highlighting your wedding ceremony at 501 Uniont with additional lighting is usually essential during these months. Hence, adding additional lighting will ensure your wedding ceremony at 501 union remains visible at sunset.
WEDDING CAKE LIGHTING AT 501 UNION
- After dark, your wedding cake may also require additional lighting at 501 Union. Therefore, pin-spot lighting is essential to highlight your wedding cake after dark.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- Vertical Strings (or String Lights hanging horizontally with multiple swoops) are an excellent addition to the wall behind your ceremony area. Therefore, consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind the ceremony area.
Popular (Dance Floor) Lighting Options for Weddings at 501 Union
Mirror Ball w/ Motor & Spotlight
Sound Activated / Color-Changing Wash
Quote Generator Form
Delivery $75 / NYC Tax (8.875%)