Dobbin St. (Brooklyn, NY): Dobbin St is a tailored event space centrally located in Williamsburg, steps away from picturesque McCarren park. A transformed Brooklyn factory that exudes a minimalist and luxury feel, boasting stunning Manhattan skyline views and vaulted 22 foot ceilings.
The venue combines 8,900 sq ft of indoor and outdoor space. Dobbin St was designed with the sole intention to create the most exceptional and stunning event experience. Our clients have the use of 4,250 sq ft of internal space, and a 750 sq ft dedicated client mezzanine. A 900 sq ft courtyard is the beautiful hidden gem that completes the space.
Our client floor includes a client suite with an en-suite bathroom and a private lounge with floor to ceiling glass windows. This provides an elegant oasis to escape and observe your guests having fun. One flight up is a 3,000 sq ft terrace – an exquisite setting for a wedding ceremony or open air event.
WHY IS LIGHTING IMPORTANT?:
Lighting makes up one-half of an essential element of décor at Dobbin St. Your wedding florals should complete the other half. A perfect balance of lights and florals are the critical ingredients needed for a visually spectacular event in this space. If it is the use of candles often provided by your florist or string lights rented from our company, a perfect balance will ensure the beauty of your florals and this venue are still visible after the sun goes down.
Here are a few lighting tips for the different locations at Dobbin St:
The Main Room
THE MAIN ROOM:
STRING LIGHTS WITH PAPER LANTERNS
- We most frequently receive requests for hanging our String Lights with Paper Lanterns in a zigzagging pattern across the width of The Main Room. We add a pendant with a Paper Lantern to every 3rd or 4th bulb on our String Lights. You can find this popular combination in countless photos of events at Dobbin St.
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Don’t overlook a simple arrangement of 300ft of our String Lights suspended in a zigzagging pattern across the width of The Main Room. This timeless lighting pattern compliments the main room and visually provides “more bang for fewer bucks.”
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Consider placing Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. Up-lights provide an accent along the main room walls and offer a warmer feel.
SPOTLIGHT ON LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable floral arrangement with a spotlight. The in-house pendant lamps hanging overhead are often dim during an event to create the desired mood. Consider including a spotlight provided by our company to keep large-scale floral arrangements visible after the sun has gone down.
SPOTLIGHT ON BAND MEMBERS
- Don’t forget to spotlight your band. A set of warm white lights will go far in highlighting the members of your band after nightfall. You can also consider a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. An individual will need to operate a controller to change the colors during their performance.
SPOTLIGHT ON THE BAR
- Consider spotlighting your bar(s) in The Main Room. Your bar is a gathering place for guests to exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. The bar is almost a celebrity in popularity and will demand illumination.
SPOTLIGHT FOR THE CEREMONY
- Help make your indoor ceremony area stand out with a pair of spotlights. Spotlighting your ceremony is especially important during the fall and winter due to early sunset.
PINSPOT YOUR CAKE TABLE
- You can consider providing a pin-spot for your cake table in the main room.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- You can consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind your band or behind your head table. Vertical String Strings Lights cascade against a wall resembling a waterfall or curtain of lights.
Note: Don’t overlook the use of candles. Our company does not provide candles for decoration, but you can place an extensive arrangement of candles on your dinner tables.
THE HIDDEN COURTYARD & THE ROOFTOP
THE HIDDEN COURTYARD & THE ROOFTOP:
NO OTHER LIGHTING REQUIRED
- The in-house String Lights hanging above The Hidden Courtyard & The Rooftop typically provide sufficient light. Any other forms of lighting are somewhat optional for both areas.