Dobbin St. (Brooklyn, NY): Dobbin St is a former Brooklyn factory that exudes a minimalist and luxury feel, boasting stunning Manhattan skyline views and vaulted 22 foot ceilings. Therefore, Dobbin St. is the perfect space for a private events, weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, or corporate event with additional lighting.
WHY IS LIGHTING IMPORTANT FOR WEDDINGS AT DOBBIN ST.?:
Lighting makes up one-half of an essential element of décor at Dobbin St. Your wedding florals should complete the other half. A perfect balance of lights and florals are the critical ingredients needed for a visually spectacular event in this space. If it is the use of candles often provided by your florist or string lights rented from our company, a perfect balance will ensure the beauty of your florals and this venue are still visible after the sun goes down.
Here are a few lighting tips for the different locations at Dobbin St:
The Reception Room: Lighting options for a Wedding at Dobbin St.
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Make sure to consider a simple arrangement of String Lights suspended in a zigzagging. Zigzagging String Lights is a timeless lighting pattern. Therefore, it is a great choice to enhance the wedding reception room at Dobbin St. Additionally, we usually place our string lights under the skylight in The Main Room. As a result, this arrangement of string lights visually supplies “more bang for fewer bucks.”
STRING LIGHTS WITH PAPER LANTERNS
- Consider hanging a combination of paper lanterns and zigzagging String Lights for a wedding reception in the main room at Dobbin St.. Therefore You can find this popular combination in countless photos of events at Dobbin St.. We attach a pendant with a Paper Lantern to every 3rd or 4th bulb on our String Lights. As a result, the paper lanterns make a beautiful enhancement to the hanging string lights. Furthermore, this is an excellent upgrade to our usual arrangement of string lights for a wedding at Dobbin St.
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Consider placing Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the reception room. Our company is a huge fan of up-lighting placed against walls, and this venue is no exception. Therefore, we strongly support using Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. Furthermore, Up-lights greatly enhance the space by providing an accent light against the walls.
LARGE HANGING FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable hanging floral arrangement with a spotlight. Hanging floral arrangements are almost always a conversation piece. Therefore, any sizeable floral arrangement should be highlighted with additional lighting to remain visible after dark. Fortunately, there are better options than the in-house track lights included with the venue for illuminating hanging florals. As an alternative, consider including spotlights provided by our company to highlight any large-scale hanging floral arrangements. Alternatively, at a minimum, consider hanging string lights with your sizeable floral arrangement to ensure they remain visible after dark.
LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Sizeable floral arrangements are always a conversation piece. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight for them to ensure they remain visible after the sun has gone down. Thus, highlight any sizeable standing floral arrangements or sizeable florals on display on the main bar in the rear section of the venue. Similarly, highlight any sizeable florals that are on display on tables.
- Seeing the members of a band is a crucial part of their performance. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight to highlight their performance area. Therefore, members of your band will remain seen after sunset. Additionally, their movements and facial expressions are visible. As a result, your wedding at Dobbin St. will benefit significantly from additional lighting for your band.
- Furthermore, you can also consider using a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. Usually, dimmable warm-white lights are appropriate. As an alternative, you can consider color-changing lights for your band as an upgrade from warm-white lights. However, a person must operate a controller to change the colors during the band’s performance.
- The main bar at Dobbin St. is a celebrity in popularity. As a result, the main bar usually becomes a gathering place where guests exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. Nevertheless, you can consider spotlighting the main bar with a set of spotlights, but this is optional at Dobbin St. Typically, the in-house lights at Dobbin St. provide sufficient light for the main bar.
WEDDING CEREMONY LIGHTING AT Dobbin St.
- During the fall and winter months, sunset will arrive early in the day. Therefore, your ceremony area may appear dark. As a result, viewing your ceremony and the quality of your wedding photos may be affected. For this reason, highlighting your wedding ceremony at Dobbin St. with additional lighting is usually essential during these months. Hence, adding additional lighting will ensure your wedding ceremony at Dobbin St. remains visible at sunset.
WEDDING CAKE LIGHTING AT Dobbin St.
- After dark, your wedding cake may also require additional lighting at Dobbin St.. Therefore, pin-spot lighting is essential to highlight your wedding cake after dark.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- Vertical Strings (or String Lights hanging horizontally with multiple swoops) are an excellent addition to the wall behind your ceremony area. Therefore, consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind the ceremony area.