The Dumbo Loft
The Dumbo Loft (Brooklyn, NY): Built in 1891, the renovated The Dumbo Loft is an adaptable space with high ceilings, beautiful wood columns, hardwood flooring, and exposed brick walls. The loft’s large windows overlook the interior of the magnificent district of DUMBO with original cobblestone streets and expansive Manhattan Bridge archways. Brooklyn Bridge park, only a few steps away makes for tremendous photos and outdoor ceremonies.
WHY IS LIGHTING IMPORTANT?:
Lighting makes up one-half of the most essential elements of décor at The Dumbo Loft. Your wedding florals should complete the other half.
A perfect balance of lighting and florals are the key ingredients needed for a visually spectacular event in this space. If it is the use of candles often provided by your florist or String Lights rented from our company, a perfect balance will ensure the beauty of your florals and this venue are still visible after the sun goes down.
Here are a few lighting tips for The Dumbo Loft:
The Main Room
THE MAIN ROOM:
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Don’t overlook a simple arrangement of 150ft of our String Lights suspended in a zigzagging pattern between the center columns in The Main Room. This timeless lighting pattern compliments the main room and visually provides “more bang for fewer bucks.”
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Consider placing Warm White Up-Lights at the base of each brick column between windows.
SPOTLIGHT ON LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable floral arrangement installed by your florist with a spotlight. Think about including a spotlight provided by our company to keep large florals arrangements visible after the sun has gone down.
SPOTLIGHT ON BAND MEMBERS
- Don’t forget to spotlight your band. A set of warm white lights will go far in highlighting the members of your band after sunset. You can also consider a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. An individual will need to operate a controller to change the colors during their performance.
SPOTLIGHT ON THE BAR
- Remember to spotlight your bar(s) in The Main Room. Your bar is a gathering place for guests to exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. Hence your bar is almost a celebrity in popularity and will demand illumination.
Note: Use the in-house track lights can to illuminate your bar. It would require you to point them at your bar, but they typically provide sufficient light for your bar.
SPOTLIGHT FOR THE CEREMONY
- Help make your ceremony area stand out with a pair of spotlights. Spotlighting your ceremony is especially important during the fall and winter due to early sunset.
PINSPOT YOUR CAKE TABLE
- You can consider providing a pin-spot for your cake table in the main room.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- You can consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the rear double doors that access the courtyard. Vertical String Strings will obstruct the use of the double doors. You can consider carefully tying the vertical string lights back, but there is a high risk of bulbs breaking.
Note: Try not to overlook the use of candles. Our company does not provide candles for decoration, but you can place an extensive arrangement of candles along the ledge of each window.
The 1st section refers to the area between the center columns and the stairway at the entrance doors.
The 2nd section refers to the area between the center columns.
The 3rd section refers to the area between the center columns and the rear brick wall.