The Green Building
The Green Building is a unique multi-use space available for: Wedding, Film/commercial/photo shoots, dance/theater performances, art exhibits, concerts, birthday parties, wedding ceremonies and receptions, corporate events, product launches, film screenings, fundraisers,…and more! Capacity For cocktail parties or standing events, we can accommodate up to 400 guests. For wedding receptions or special events, we can accommodate up to 250. For a ceremony transitioned to a reception, we can comfortably seat up to 160 with room for dancing.
WHY IS LIGHTING IMPORTANT?:
Lighting makes up one-half of the most essential elements of décor at The Green Building. Your wedding florals should complete the other half.
A perfect balance of lighting and florals are the key ingredients needed for a visually stunning event in this space. If it is the use of candles often provided by your florist or bulbs rented from our company, a perfect balance will ensure the beauty of your florals and this venue are still visible after the sun goes down.
Here are a few lighting tips for the different locations at The Green Building:
The Main Room
THE MAIN ROOM:
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Our String Lights hung in a zigzagging pattern is a popular lighting option frequently requested for The Green Building. This timeless lighting pattern compliments the main room and visually provides “more bang for fewer bucks.”
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Warm White Up-Lights set along the perimeter walls of the main room add a warm accent to the space.
SPOTLIGHT ON LARGE FLORAL
- Highlight large-scale floral arrangements often hung from the beams overhead with a spotlight to keep them visible after the sun has gone down.
SPOTLIGHT ON BAND MEMBERS
- Don’t forget to spotlight your band. A set of warm white lights will go far in highlighting the members of your band after sunset. You can also consider a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. An individual will need to operate a controller to change the colors during their performance.
SPOTLIGHT ON THE BAR
- Consider spotlighting your bar(s) in The Main Room. Your bar is a gathering place for guests to exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. The bar is almost a celebrity in popularity and worthy of illumination.
SPOTLIGHT FOR THE CEREMONY
- Help make your ceremony area stand out with a pair of spotlights. Spotlighting your ceremony is especially important during the fall and winter due to early sunset.
PINSPOT YOUR CAKE TABLE
- You can consider providing a pin-spot for your cake table in the main room.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- You can consider suspending a curtain of vertical string lights provided by The Green Building against a wall often behind your ceremony.
Note: Don’t overlook the use of candles. Our company does not provide candles for decoration, but you can place an extensive arrangement of candles on dining tables and on the ledge located on several of the brick columns between windows and doors.
NO OTHER LIGHTING REQUIRED
- The Green Building’s in-house String Lights are typically already hanging above the rear courtyard. Any other forms of lighting if somewhat optional for this area.
Note: Up-Lights are not effective in The Green House. This is because the illuminated counters along the length of both long ivy-covered walls impede the lighting effect up-lights create.