26 Bridge (Brooklyn, NY): The renovations to this former metal factory highlight the building’s industrial past, accentuating the original brick walls, large wooden doors and magnificent high ceiling with a skylight. It seats about 250 people or holds 375 for standing receptions. Therefore, 26 Bridge it’s the perfect space for a private events, weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, or corporate event with additional lighting.
WHY IS LIGHTING IMPORTANT?:
Lighting accounts for one-half of the most basic elements of décor at 26 Bridge. Your wedding florals should satisfy the other half.
A perfect mixture of lighting and florals are the key ingredients required for a visually dazzling event at this venue. It could be the use of candles usually supplied by your florist or chandeliers rented from our company. A perfect balance of florals and lighting will guarantee your florals’ beauty and that this venue is still seeable after the sun goes down.
Here are a few lighting tips for the different locations at 26 Bridge:
The Main Room
THE MAIN ROOM:
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Make sure to consider a simple arrangement of 400ft of our String Lights suspended in a zigzagging. Zigzagging String Lights is a timeless lighting pattern. Therefore, it is a great choice to enhance the main room. Additionally, we usually place our string lights between the 1st and 4th beams in The Main Room. As a result, this arrangement of string lights visually supplies “more bang for fewer bucks.”
#1 Example (Zigzagging Pattern) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2018/06/mirror-ball-string-lights-26-bridge.html
#2 Example (Zigzagging Pattern) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2019/10/string-lights-sheer-curtains-stock-gobo.html
#3 Example (Zigzagging Pattern) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2020/01/stock-gobo-string-lights-26-bridge.html
#4 Example (Zigzagging Pattern) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2019/10/custom-gobo-string-lights-26-bridge.html
#5 Example (Zigzagging Pattern) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2017/03/clip-on-sheer-curtain-26-bridge.html
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Consider placing Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. Our company is a huge fan of up-lighting placed against brick walls, and this venue is no exception. Therefore, we strongly support using Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. As a result, Up-lights greatly enhance the space by providing an accent light against the brick walls. For this reason, we suggest using Up-Lights in addition to the venue’s in-house wall sconces.
LARGE HANGING FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable hanging floral arrangement with a spotlight. Hanging floral arrangements are almost always a conversation piece. Therefore, any sizeable floral arrangement should be highlighted with additional lighting to remain visible after dark. Fortunately, there are better options than the in-house track lights included with the venue for illuminating hanging florals. As an alternative, consider including spotlights provided by our company to highlight any large-scale hanging floral arrangements. Alternatively, at a minimum, consider hanging string lights with your sizeable floral arrangement to ensure they remain visible after dark.
LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Sizeable floral arrangements are always a conversation piece. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight for them to ensure they remain visible after the sun has gone down. Thus, highlight any sizeable standing floral arrangements or sizeable florals on display on the main bar in the rear section of the venue. Similarly, highlight any sizeable florals that are on display on tables.
- Seeing the members of a band is a crucial part of their performance. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight to highlight their performance area. Therefore, members of your band will remain seen after sunset. Additionally, their movements and facial expressions are visible. As a result, your wedding at 26 Bridge will benefit significantly from additional lighting for your band.
- Furthermore, you can also consider using a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. Usually, dimmable warm-white lights are appropriate. As an alternative, you can consider color-changing lights for your band as an upgrade from warm-white lights. However, a person must operate a controller to change the colors during the band’s performance.
- The main bar at 26 Bridge is a celebrity in popularity. As a result, the main bar usually becomes a gathering place where guests exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. Nevertheless, you can consider spotlighting the main bar with a set of spotlights, but this is optional at 26 Bridge. Typically, the in-house lights at 26 Bridge provide sufficient light for the main bar.
- During the fall and winter months, sunset will arrive early in the day. Therefore, your ceremony area may appear dark. As a result, viewing your ceremony and the quality of your wedding photos may be affected. For this reason, highlighting your wedding ceremony at 26 Bridget with additional lighting is usually essential during these months. Hence, adding additional lighting will ensure your ceremony remains visible at sunset.
PINSPOT YOUR CAKE TABLE
- After dark, your wedding cake may also require additional lighting at 26 Bridge. Therefore, a pin-spot is essential to highlight your wedding cake after dark.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- Vertical Strings (or String Lights hanging horizontally with multiple swoops) are an excellent addition to the wall behind your ceremony area. Therefore, consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind the ceremony area.
Note: Pay attention to the use of candles. Our company does not provide candles for decoration. Still, you can place an extensive arrangement of candles on your dinner tables and the ground along the perimeter walls.
The Mezzanine Level
THE MEZZANINE LEVEL:
hang a curtain for privacy
- Use curtains to add a hint of privacy to the mezzanine level. When the curtains are closed, the mezzanine level can be transformed into a bridal sweet or any other personal space..
NO OTHER LIGHTING REQUIRED
- Any other forms of lighting if somewhat optional for The Mezzanine Level
NO OTHER LIGHTING REQUIRED
- Any lighting is suggested for The Foyer between the entrance to the venue and the main room
Note: The in-house lights in The Foyer are not dimmable. This room is normally too bright for the use of decorative lighting.