The Liberty Warehouse
The Liberty Warehouse (Brooklyn, NY): The Liberty Warehouse is located on Pier 41 in the historic shipping yards of Red Hook, Brooklyn. Constructed in the pre-Civil War 1850′s, it has recently been renovated into a charming event space. It’s location on the water’s edge offers expansive views of New York Harbor. Liberty Warehouse is the only event space in all of New York where the Statue of Liberty is face front as she looks on to France. Therefore, The Liberty Warehouse it’s the perfect space for a private events, weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, or corporate event with additional lighting.
WHY IS LIGHTING IMPORTANT FOR YOUR WEDDING AT The Liberty Warehouse?:
Lighting accounts for one-half of the most basic elements of décor at The Liberty Warehouse. Accordingly, Your wedding florals should satisfy the other half. Therefore, a perfect mixture of lighting and florals are the key ingredients required for a visually dazzling event at this venue. Nevertheless, it could be the use of candles usually supplied by your florist or chandeliers rented from our company. Furthermore, a perfect balance of florals and lighting will guarantee your florals’ beauty and that this venue is still seeable after the sun goes down.
Nonetheless, Here are a few lighting tips for the different locations at The Liberty Warehouse:
The Main Room at The Liberty Warehouse
THE MAIN ROOM:
FAIRY / ICICLE LIGHTS
- Fairy / Icicle Lights are currently the most requested form of lighting at The Liberty Warehouse. This style of lighting looks amazing at this venue. Furthermore, it is a great choice to enhance the main room.
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Make sure to consider a simple arrangement of String Lights suspended in a zigzagging over the center area of the main room. Zigzagging String Lights are a timeless lighting pattern. Therefore, it is a great choice to enhance the main room. As a result, this arrangement of string lights visually supplies “more bang for fewer bucks.”
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS AND COLUMNS
- Consider placing Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. Additionally at the base of the center columns. Our company is a huge fan of up-lighting at most venues, and this venue is no exception. Therefore, we strongly support using Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls and center columns of the main room. As a result, Up-lights greatly enhance the space by providing an accent light against the walls and columns
LARGE HANGING FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable hanging floral arrangement with a spotlight. Hanging floral arrangements are almost always a conversation piece. Therefore, any sizeable floral arrangement should be highlighted with additional lighting to remain visible after dark. Fortunately, there are better options than the in-house lights included with the venue for illuminating hanging florals. Therefore, consider including spotlights provided by our company to highlight any large-scale hanging floral arrangements. Alternatively, at a minimum, consider hanging string lights with your sizeable floral arrangement to ensure they remain visible after dark.
LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Sizeable floral arrangements are always a conversation piece. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight for them to ensure they remain visible after the sun has gone down. Thus, highlight any sizeable standing floral arrangements or sizeable florals on display on the main bar in the rear section of the venue. Similarly, highlight any sizeable florals that are on display on tables.
- Seeing the members of a band is a crucial part of their performance. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight to highlight their performance area. Therefore, members of your band will remain seen after sunset. Additionally, their movements and facial expressions are visible. As a result, your wedding at The Liberty Warehouse will benefit significantly from additional lighting for your band.
- Furthermore, you can also consider using a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. Usually, dimmable warm-white lights are appropriate. As an alternative, you can consider color-changing lights for your band as an upgrade from warm-white lights. However, a person must operate a controller to change the colors during the band’s performance.
- The main bar at The Liberty Warehouse is a celebrity in popularity. As a result, the main bar usually becomes a gathering place where guests exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. Nevertheless, you can consider spotlighting the main bar with a set of spotlights, but this is optional at The Liberty Warehouse. Typically, the in-house lights at The Liberty Warehouse provide sufficient light for the main bar.
- During the fall and winter months, sunset will arrive early in the day. Therefore, your ceremony area may appear dark. As a result, viewing your ceremony and the quality of your wedding photos may be affected. For this reason, highlighting your wedding ceremony at The Liberty Warehouse with additional lighting is usually essential during these months. Hence, adding additional lighting will ensure your ceremony remains visible at sunset.
PINSPOT YOUR TABLE CENTERPIECES
- After dark, the florals on your dinner tables may require additional lighting at The Liberty Warehouse. Therefore, a pin-spot is essential to highlight your table centerpieces at night.
PINSPOT YOUR CAKE TABLE
- After dark, your wedding cake may also require additional lighting at The Liberty Warehouse. Therefore, a pin-spot is essential to highlight your wedding cake at night.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- Vertical Strings (or String Lights hanging horizontally with multiple swoops) are an excellent addition to the wall behind your ceremony area. Therefore, consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind the ceremony area.