Rule of Thirds
Rule of Thirds (Brooklyn, NY): Rule of Thirds is a stunning industrial-style events venue and restaurant in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, that can host your special day within a unique backdrop. Additionally, Rule of Thirds can accommodate a wedding and rehearsal dinner, and it will benefit from additional lighting.
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Make sure to consider a simple arrangement of String Lights suspended in a zigzagging. Zigzagging String Lights is a timeless lighting pattern. Therefore, it is a great choice to enhance the wedding reception room at Rule of Thirds. Additionally, we often place our string lights in The Corner Room. Occasionally we also place them in the Atrium. Nevertheless, both arrangements of string lights visually supplies “more bang for fewer bucks.”
STRING LIGHTS WITH PAPER LANTERNS
- Consider hanging a combination paper lanterns and zigzagging String Lights for a wedding reception in the main room at Rule of Thirds. Our paper lanterns are evenly spaced along our Zigzagging String Lights. Therefore, the paper lanterns make a beautiful enhancement to hanging string lights. As a result, it is a great upgrade to an arrangement of string lights for a wedding at Rule of Thirds
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Our company is a huge fan of up-lighting placed against walls, and this venue is no exception. Therefore, we strongly support using Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. Furthermore, Up-lights greatly enhance the space by providing an accent light against the walls. Therefore, consider placing Warm White Up-Lights along the Banker St. wall of the corner room. Furthermore, also consider placing Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of The Atrium.
LARGE HANGING FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable hanging floral arrangement with a spotlight. Hanging floral arrangements are almost always a conversation piece. Therefore, any sizeable floral arrangement should be highlighted with additional lighting to remain visible after dark. Fortunately, there are better options than the in-house track lights included with the venue for illuminating hanging florals. As an alternative, consider including spotlights provided by our company to highlight any large-scale hanging floral arrangements. Alternatively, at a minimum, consider hanging string lights with your sizeable floral arrangement to ensure they remain visible after dark.
LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Sizeable floral arrangements are always a conversation piece. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight for them to ensure they remain visible after the sun has gone down. Thus, highlight any sizeable standing floral arrangements or sizeable florals on display on the main bar in the rear section of the venue. Similarly, highlight any sizeable florals that are on display on tables.
- Seeing the members of a band is a crucial part of their performance. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight to highlight their performance area. Therefore, members of your band will remain seen after sunset. Additionally, their movements and facial expressions are visible. As a result, your wedding at Rule of Thirds will benefit significantly from additional lighting for your band.
- Furthermore, you can also consider using a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. Usually, dimmable warm-white lights are appropriate. As an alternative, you can consider color-changing lights for your band as an upgrade from warm-white lights. However, a person must operate a controller to change the colors during the band’s performance.
- The main bar at Rule of Thirds is a celebrity in popularity. As a result, the main bar usually becomes a gathering place where guests exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. For this reason, you can consider highlighting the main bar with a set of spotlights.
WEDDING CEREMONY LIGHTING AT Rule of Thirds
- During the fall and winter months, sunset will arrive early in the day. Therefore, your ceremony area may appear dark. As a result, viewing your ceremony and the quality of your wedding photos may be affected. For this reason, highlighting your wedding ceremony at Rule of Thirds with additional lighting is usually essential during these months. Hence, adding additional lighting will ensure your wedding ceremony at Rule of Thirds remains visible at sunset.
WEDDING CAKE LIGHTING AT Rule of Thirds
- After dark, your wedding cake may also require additional lighting at Rule of Thirds. Therefore, pin-spot lighting is essential to highlight your wedding cake after dark.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- Vertical Strings (or String Lights hanging horizontally with multiple swoops) are an excellent addition to the wall behind your ceremony area. Therefore, consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind the ceremony area.
Four Up-Lights (The Corner Room)
Seven Up-Lights (The Corner Room)
Eight Up-Lights (The Atrium)
Mirror Ball w/ Motor and One Spotlight
Placement + Area of Coverage
Mirror Ball w/ Motor and Two Spotlights
Placement + Area of Coverage