26 Bridge (Brooklyn, NY): The renovations to this former metal factory highlight the building’s industrial past, accentuating the original brick walls, large wooden doors and magnificent high ceiling with a skylight. It seats about 250 people or holds 375 for standing receptions. It’s the perfect space for private events, venue for weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, fashion shows, corporate events and more.
WHY IS LIGHTING IMPORTANT?:
Lighting accounts for one-half of the most basic elements of décor at 26 Bridge. Your wedding florals should satisfy the other half.
A perfect mixture of lighting and florals are the key ingredients required for a visually dazzling event at this venue. It could be the use of candles usually supplied by your florist or chandeliers rented from our company. A perfect balance of florals and lighting will guarantee your florals’ beauty and that this venue is still seeable after the sun goes down.
Here are a few lighting tips for the different locations at 26 Bridge:
The Main Room
THE MAIN ROOM:
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Never dismiss a simple arrangement of 400ft of our String Lights suspended in a zigzagging between the 1st and 4th beam in The Main Room. This timeless lighting pattern enhances the main room and visually supplies “more bang for fewer bucks.”
Zigzagging Pattern (Example #1) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2018/06/mirror-ball-string-lights-26-bridge.html
Zigzagging Pattern (Example #2) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2019/10/string-lights-sheer-curtains-stock-gobo.html
Zigzagging Pattern (Example #3) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2020/01/stock-gobo-string-lights-26-bridge.html
Zigzagging Pattern (Example #4) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2019/10/custom-gobo-string-lights-26-bridge.html
Zigzagging Pattern (Example #5) – https://ulsnyc.blogspot.com/2017/03/clip-on-sheer-curtain-26-bridge.html
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Consider placing Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. Our company is a huge fan of up-lighting placed against brick walls, and this venue is no exception. When evener possible we suggest the use of Up-Lights in addition to the venues in-house wall sconces.
SPOTLIGHT ON LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (hanging over the main floor)
- Highlight a sizeable floral arrangement hung over the main floor with a spotlight. The in-house track lights included with the venue are often not sufficient to illuminate large florals hanging in this area. Consider including a spotlight provided by our company if you suspend a large-scale floral arrangement in this area. At a minimum, we suggest you hang string lights in this area to ensure your sizeable floral arrangement set in this area is visible after dark.
SPOTLIGHT ON LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Highlight a Large floral arrangement put on the main bar in the rear section of the venue. Consider including a spotlight provided by our company to highlight large florals arrangements set on the bar after the sun has gone down.
SPOTLIGHT ON BAND MEMBERS
- Don’t skip spotlighting your band. A set of warm white lights will go far in keeping members of your band seeable after sunset. As an alternative, you can also use a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. A person must operate a controller to change the colors during your band’s performance.
SPOTLIGHT ON THE BAR
- Also, consider spotlighting the main bar at the rear of The Main Room. This bar is a gathering place where guests exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. The bar is practically a celebrity in popularity and almost demands a spotlight.
SPOTLIGHT FOR THE CEREMONY
- Highlight your ceremony area with a pair of spotlights. Spotlighting your ceremony is especially important during the fall and winter due to early sunset.
PINSPOT YOUR CAKE TABLE
- You can consider supplying a pin-spot for your cake table in the main room.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- You can consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind the ceremony area. Vertical Strings (or String Lights hanging horizontally with multiple swoops) are an excellent addition to the wall behind your ceremony area.
Note: Don’t overlook the use of candles. Our company does not provide candles for decoration, but you can place an extensive arrangement of candles on your dinner tables and on the ground along the perimeter walls.
The Mezzanine Level
THE MEZZANINE LEVEL:
hang a curtain for privacy
- Use curtains to add a hint of privacy to the mezzanine level. When the curtains are closed, the mezzanine level can be transformed into a bridal sweet or any other personal space..
NO OTHER LIGHTING REQUIRED
- Any other forms of lighting if somewhat optional for The Mezzanine Level
NO OTHER LIGHTING REQUIRED
- Any lighting is suggested for The Foyer between the entrance to the venue and the main room
Note: The in-house lights in The Foyer are not dimmable. This room is normally too bright for the use of decorative lighting.