The Greenpoint Loft
The Greenpoint Loft (Brooklyn, NY): “The Greenpoint Loft is a pre-WWII era warehouse that has become a multipurpose event space in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Furthermore, The Greenpoint Loft has exposed high-beam ceilings, wooden floors, and open window skylights. Additionally, it boasts a magnificent view of the Manhattan skyline overlooking the Hudson River. Furthermore, the immense open floor (5,000 square feet) allows for the most control over the design of your event. As a result, The Greenpoint Loft is ideal for artists, photo shoots, weddings, or any other event that requires an extravagant blank space and beautiful lighting. Additionally, The Greenpoint Loft gives off a timeless Brooklyn vibe from the moment you set foot in the door. Therefore, Give your next event a classy atmosphere with The Greenpoint Loft.”
WHY IS LIGHTING IMPORTANT FOR YOUR WEDDING AT THE GREENPOINT LOFT?:
Lighting accounts for one-half of the most basic elements of décor at The Greenpoint Loft. Accordingly, Your wedding florals should satisfy the other half. Therefore, a perfect mixture of lighting and florals are the key ingredients required for a visually dazzling event at this venue. Nevertheless, it could be the use of candles usually supplied by your florist or chandeliers rented from our company. Furthermore, a perfect balance of florals and lighting will guarantee your florals’ beauty and that this venue is still seeable after the sun goes down.
Nonetheless, Here are a few lighting tips for the different locations at The Greenpoint Loft:
The Main Room: Lighting options for a Wedding at The Greenpoint Loft
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Make sure to consider a simple arrangement of our String Lights suspended in a zigzagging pattern. Zigzagging String Lights is a timeless lighting pattern. Therefore, it is a great choice to enhance the main room. Additionally, we usually place our string lights between the six center columns in The Main Room. As a result, this arrangement of string lights visually supplies “more bang for fewer bucks.”
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS AND COLUMNS
- Consider placing Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. Our company is a huge fan of up-lighting, and this venue is no exception. Therefore, we strongly support using Warm White Up-Lights along the perimeter walls of the main room. Additionally, we suggest up-lighting the six center columns in the main room. As a result, Up-lights greatly enhance the space by providing an accent of warm white light.
LARGE HANGING FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
- Highlight a sizeable hanging floral arrangement with a spotlight. Hanging floral arrangements are almost always a conversation piece. Therefore, any sizeable floral arrangement should be highlighted with additional lighting to remain visible after dark. As an alternative, there are better options than the in-house track lights included with the venue for illuminating hanging florals. As an alternative, consider including spotlights provided by our company to highlight any large-scale hanging floral arrangements. Alternatively, at a minimum, consider hanging string lights with your sizeable floral arrangement to ensure they remain visible after dark.
LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Sizeable floral arrangements are always a conversation piece. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight for them to ensure they remain visible after the sun has gone down. Thus, highlight any sizeable standing floral arrangements or sizeable florals on display on the main bar in the rear section of the venue. Similarly, highlight any sizeable florals that are on display on tables.
- Seeing the members of a band is a crucial part of their performance. Therefore, consider providing a spotlight to highlight their performance area. Therefore, members of your band will remain seen after sunset. Additionally, their movements and facial expressions are visible. As a result, your wedding at The Greenpoint Loft will benefit significantly from additional lighting for your band.
- Furthermore, you can also consider using a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. Usually, dimmable warm-white lights are appropriate. As an alternative, you can consider color-changing lights for your band as an upgrade from warm-white lights. However, a person must operate a controller to change the colors during the band’s performance.
- The main bar at The Greenpoint Loft is a celebrity in popularity. As a result, the main bar usually becomes a gathering place where guests exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. Nevertheless, you can consider spotlighting the main bar with a set of spotlights, but this is optional at The Greenpoint Loft. Typically, the in-house lights at The Greenpoint Loft provide sufficient light for the main bar.
WEDDING CEREMONY LIGHTING AT THE GREENPOINT LOFT
- During the fall and winter months, sunset will arrive early in the day. Therefore, your ceremony area may appear dark. As a result, viewing your ceremony and the quality of your wedding photos may be affected. For this reason, highlighting your wedding ceremony at The Greenpoint Loftt with additional lighting is usually essential during these months. Hence, adding additional lighting will ensure your ceremony remains visible at sunset.
WEDDING CAKE LIGHTING AT THE GREENPOINT LOFT
- After dark, your wedding cake may also require additional lighting at The Greenpoint Loft. Therefore, a pin-spot is essential to highlight your wedding cake after dark.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- Vertical Strings (or String Lights hanging horizontally with multiple swoops) are an excellent addition to the wall behind your ceremony area. Therefore, consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the wall behind the ceremony area.
The Mezzanine: Lighting options for a Wedding at The Greenpoint Loft
STRING LIGHTS HANGING OVERHEAD
- String Lights look great and provide general and decorative lighting for this area. Therefore, consider forgoing the use of the in-house track lights in exchange for using our string lights in a zigzagging pattern on the mezzanine level.
The Rooftop Patio: Lighting options for a Wedding at The Greenpoint Loft
STRING LIGHTS IN A V-SHAPED PATTERN
- String Lights suspended over the rooftop patio will create a classic NYC look complimented by an awesome view of the NYC skyline. Therefore, consider suspending string lights in a zigzagging pattern above the rooftop patio.
Main Floor Areas
High Ceiling area on
The Main FLOOR
Low Ceiling area on
The Main Floor
on bar-side &
The Typical ceremony area On
The Main Floor
with backdrop against windows behind ceremony
with backdrop to separate band behind ceremony
Curtains hanging across the entrance way
Popular (Dance Floor) Lighting Options
Mirror Ball w/ Motor & Spotlight
Sound Activated / Color-Changing Wash
Quote Generator Form
Delivery $75 / NYC Tax (8.875%)