The Greenpoint Loft
The Greenpoint Loft (Brooklyn, NY): “The Greenpoint Loft is an exquisite multipurpose space/event hall, located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Originally a pre-WWII era warehouse, The Greenpoint Loft has been restored to its original raw appearance; exposed high beam ceilings, wooden floors, and open window skylights. The Greenpoint Loft also boasts a magnificent view of the Manhattan skyline overlooking the Hudson River. The immense open floor (5,000 square feet) allows for the most control over the design of your event. Ideal for artists, photo shoots, weddings, or any other event that requires an extravagant blank space. The Greenpoint Loft gives off a timeless Brooklyn vibe from the moment you set foot in the door. Give your next event a classy atmosphere with The Greenpoint Loft.”
Why is Lighting Important?:
Lighting makes up one-half of the most fundamental elements of décor at The Greenpoint Loft. Your wedding florals should satisfy the other half.
A perfect harmony of lighting and florals are the key components required for a visually spectacular event in this space. If it is the use of candles often supplied by your florist or bulbs rented from our business, a perfect balance will ensure the look of your florals and this venue are still seeable after the sun goes down.
Here are a few lighting tips for the different locations at The Greenpoint Loft:
The Main Room
THE MAIN ROOM:
STRING LIGHTS IN ZIGZAGGING PATTERN
- Never dismiss a simple arrangement of 300ft of our String Lights suspended in a zigzagging between the six center columns in The Main Room. This timeless lighting pattern enhances the main room and visually supplies “more bang for fewer bucks.”
STRING LIGHTS (Lower Ceiling Area)
- Whenever possible, we suggest using String Lights (or Chandeliers) under the lower ceiling area on the Bar and Non-Bar side of the main floor. The in-house track lights in this area are functional, but String Lights (or chandeliers) are both functional and decorative.
UP-LIGHTING AGAINST WALLS
- Consider placing Warm White Up-Lights at the base of the six center columns and/or along the main floor’s perimeter walls.
SPOTLIGHT ON LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (hanging over the main floor)
- Highlight a sizeable floral arrangement hung over the main floor (between the six center columns) with a spotlight. The in-house track lights included with the venue are often not sufficient to illuminate large florals hanging in this area. Consider including a spotlight provided by our company if you suspend a large-scale floral arrangement in this area. At a minimum, we suggest you hang string lights in this area to ensure your sizeable floral arrangement set in this area is visible after dark.
SPOTLIGHT ON LARGE FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (set on the bar)
- Highlight a Large floral arrangement put on the bar in the main room. Consider including a spotlight provided by our company to keep large florals arrangements visible on the bar after the sun has gone down.
SPOTLIGHT ON BAND MEMBERS
- Don’t overlook spotlighting your band. A set of warm white lights will go far in keeping members of your band visible after sunset. You can also consider a set of color-changing lights to highlight your band members. A person must operate a controller to change the colors during your band’s performance.
SPOTLIGHT ON THE BAR
- Don’t overlook spotlighting your bar(s) in The Main Room. Your bar is a gathering place for guests to exchange conversations and laughs while waiting to receive their drinks. The bar is almost a celebrity in popularity and will demand illumination.
SPOTLIGHT FOR THE CEREMONY
- Help make your ceremony area stand out with a pair of spotlights. Spotlighting your ceremony is especially important during the fall and winter due to early sunset.
PINSPOT YOUR CAKE TABLE
- You can think about supplying a pin-spot for your cake table in the main room.
CURTAIN OF VERTICAL STRING LIGHTS
- You can consider suspending a curtain of string lights vertically against the windows behind the ceremony area. Vertical String Strings with or without a backdrop of sheer curtains are an excellent addition to your ceremony area.
Note: Don’t overlook the use of candles. Our company does not provide candles for decoration, but you can place an extensive arrangement of candles on your dinner tables.
The Mezzanine Level
THE mezzanine level:
hang string lights overhead
- Forgo the use of the in-house track lights and suspend our string lights in a zigzagging pattern on the mezzanine level. Our String Lights look great and provide general lighting for this area.
NO OTHER LIGHTING REQUIRED
- Any other forms of lighting if somewhat optional for The Mezzanine Level
The Rooftop Patio
THE Rooftop patio:
STRING LIGHTS IN a V-Shaped PATTERN
- String Lights suspended over the rooftop patio will create a classic NYC look complimented by an awesome view of the NYC skyline.